Latest News: Fruit Logestica 2019Following regional roadblocks limiting Jordan’s access to Russia and and producers association (JEPA) has returned, 'catering to the diverseneeds of its customers, offering competitive prices, high quality,and great taste'.Fruit Logistica 2019 marks the relaunch of this, with JEPA/Jordan´sown pavilion presenting five leading exporters, offering a wide range of produce from fresh herbs, vegetables, stone fruits, grapes,medjool dates, strawberries and others. These producers/exportersrepresent what makes Jordan a unique, reliable supplier with unique windows of production. Logistica, guided by the Dutch-based Centre for the Promotion of Imports (CBI) Through visits and commercial meetings, these companies will listen to what the will produce accordinglywith a tailored approach.buyersneeds are in terms of crops as co-exhibitors at the JEPA pavilion.To further stress the importance of the Jordanian collective return to Fruit Logistica, the Minister of Agriculture, H.E. Mr Ibrahim Al Shahahdeh decided to pay a visit to the Fair in support of the Jordanian delegation.Twenty additional companies will conduct a scopingother traditional eastern European markets, the Jordanian exporters mission at Fruit, delivery time, and specific requirements– andThe expectation 'is that these companies will participate in the FL 2020 edition     
imageimageimage
ECONOMY PDF Print E-mail
Thanks to Jordan diversified climate, fruits and vegetable could be produced all year round, what makes it a unique production place for off-season high quality fruits, which contributes largely to Jordan economy by fulfilling local needs and reply to the demanding export market.

The agricultural sector lies on top of the development plan in the country. Due to the governments interest in this sector a successful jump was made, modern technology replaced the conventional style in agriculture, using advanced ways in packaging and marketing and harvesting which lessens the chance of damage for the products, good storage areas enables the market to have fresh fruit and vegetables all year long.

Jordanian exports of agricultural products in 1991 were 70 million Jordanian dinars, from around 334 thousand tons.

·  Overview

Led by an active private sector, Jordan’s economy is free market oriented. The ownership of enterprises is largely private, the exception being public sector involvement in the mining industry. Prices (except for a few subsidized goods), interest rates, and wages are generally determined by market forces.

During the last decade, Jordan's economy has been making steady progress through the implementation of comprehensive economic reforms and restructuring programs supervised by the IMF and the World Bank. The main goal of restoring non-inflationary, sustainable growth has been accomplished.

The main economic indicators for 2006 are:

Indicator

2006

Gross Domestic product at

Current Prices(million JD)

10108.5

Gross Domestic Product at

Constant Prices( million JD)

(1994=100)

 

7778.7

GDP Growth at Current

Prices (%)

12.2

GDP Growth Rate at Constant

Prices (%)

6.4

Inflation Rate

6.3

GDP Per Capita (JD)

1805.1

Exports of Goods

&Services(million JD)

6663.1

Imports of Goods and

Services(million JD)

8115.8

 

Source: Jordan in Figures, Department of Statistics, 2006.

 

Jordan's economy is mainly service oriented. The service sector, which is comprised of financial services, trade, transportation, communication, tourism, construction and education, contributes 67.6% to GDP. The remaining 32.4% is contributed by the agricultural and industrial sectors.

 

http://www.jordaninvestment.com/
 
more
User Login
Sign in

Register
Search
Jordan Weather
 
Copyrights 2011 ©, JEPA
Created by Builders-Solutions
About Us | Our Products | Our Members | Become a Member | Business Opportunities | Agriculture in Jordan | Agricultural Calendar | Event Calendar | About Jordan | Infos? Home Page | Members Area | News Lounge | FAQ | Gallery | Useful Links | Contact Us |