“We deliver fresh class A strawberries when nobody else can”
WHAT MAKES OUR STRAWBERRIES SO UNIQUE?
- Different harvesting window, so we fill the gap between October-January.
- 8 months production cycles.
- Consistent high-quality produce in terms of color and taste.
- Pesticide and residue free for more than two years.
- High-end product delivered in high-end markets.
- Excellent harvesting systems.
- Strategic location; perfect connections and well-developed cold chain for transports, allowing to bring our strawberries to the Gulf and Europe within 5 hours of flight time.
Our most demanded varieties include CALINDA and MONTEREY.
Over the last four years, Jordan´s exports of strawberries grew from around 2000 tons to 3000 tons, due to its excellent quality and taste. The UK; The Netherlands; UAE; Kuwait; Qatar; Bahrain and Saudi Arabia are currently the main export markets for Jordan.
COMPANIES & STRUCTURE
Apart from many smaller scale producers, who mainly sell in the local markets, two exporters stand out: Strawberry Jordan and Basateen. Both companies manage the entire chain from production to exports.
Some of Jepa´s strawberry companies almost entirely export their produce, such as Bassateen. This company started exporting since 2005 and used to export around 25% of its produce. Nowadays, it exports almost 95% of its production (around 130.000 cartons). Main markets include GCC and Europe.
“After lots of hard work and investment, we created a technologically advanced hydroponic farm. Our products are safe, with great quality and taste. When you taste our strawberries you can’t stop eating them. Our high quality strawberries marketed themselves, they opened up new markets for us and we started exporting to the GCC and Europe. Our strawberries are unique due to the special climate conditions in Jordan and our vast experience in the agricultural field.”
Mr. Yacoub Miguel, Owner at Jordan Groves Company.